Sunday, September 7, 2014

Assignment 1



1) Please tell us about yourself. For example what is the funniest thing that ever happened to you or what about your makes you interesting? Hi Everyone. I am 24 years old with a lot of responsibility. I'm a mom of a handsome 3 in a half year old. He keeps me busy and I love every minute of being a mom. It can get overwhelming sometimes. I am looking forward to starting my internship to get another perspective of working with children and families.My personality makes me interesting because I always look at the bright side of things. I never give up and try my best to fulfill my dreams and goals. I am a very kind and helpful person, that is always giving advice and trying my best to help people in need.

2) Please tell us your concentration. Why did you choose this concentration?
My Major now is Family Child Studies with a concentration in family services. I choose this concentration because I enjoy helping people and it makes me feel good to see a smile on  someone's face. Before , my major was family and school setting with a concentration with K-6 certification. I switched my major because I know I want to work with children and families but not in a school setting. I feel like family services is more for me.
3) What is the name of your internship site and what is your position?
Oasis- a Haven for women and children located in Paterson. My position is helping provide services and information about  after school programs, GED classes, English classes and so much more to clients.
4) What are your current career or graduate school plans? Or tell us if you plan to marry rich or travel the world or whatever your can dream of!
My current goal is to learn a lot during seminar and my internship. Also I want to do very good in my internship placement so I can get a field of what work I will be doing when I graduate. After I graduate I want to hopefully work in DYFS and go back to get my master's in social work.

5) Also, tell us about your family - for example - are your parents married or not, do you live with them, do you have siblings, pets etc? What is an activity you like to share with your family? etc.
I am a mom, as I mentioned earlier to an amazing smart little boy. My father past away when I was 17 years old, which was very hard since I was very close to him. I named my son after him. I live with my son. I have one brother and a sister. I love to spend time with my family when I can. We love to go to the park and have a  Barbeque and talk about old memories.

6) Please also write about 1 or 2 topics on the syllabus that interest you and WHY.
All the topics seem very interesting. I can not wait to learn about them all. The topics that really caught my attention was job interview techniques and are you planning on attending graduate school. These topics are very important life skills that will help me and other prepare for our future/careers.
7. What do you think about wikis - or what you learned from the video

  I really enjoy using wikis and I find it easy and simple to use. I used wiki before for one of my other classes. I enjoyed the video. I loved how he provide a situation how it can be used and so three simple words to describe wiki edit, write, save. I believe that wiki is a good college website that can be used especially with group projects. This way everyone has the update information and communicate easy, since everyone's schedule is so hectic.



1 comment:

  1. Samira: Oasis is a great place to learn. We will be having a representative from Rutgers MSW program come hopefully in October, so I hope this helps with your graduate plans. I look forward to meeting you! And feel free to post pics of your boy!

    ReplyDelete